We are hiring! Head Gardener / Outdoor Areas Manager
Full time: 37.5 hours/week over 5 days
Fixed term post until 31st March 2025 as funded by The National Lottery Community Led Fund, subject to satisfactory probationary period (with view to extend dependant on funding)
Camphill Wellbeing Trust is a medical charity which provides extended approaches to address illness, support resilience and maintain wellbeing. We have a dedicated and passionate team of employees and volunteers, based across three sites approximately 6 miles west of Aberdeen City. A vacancy has arisen within the Compass Project team for an enthusiastic and capable Head Gardener / Outdoor Areas Manager to take on the development and coordination of our Compass project outdoor areas and related activities.
The role involves care for all aspects of the 4.1 acres outdoor site, including its mixed woodland. Gardening/ Horticultural/agricultural experience is required and experience of beekeeping is highly desirable. Ability to forward plan with regards to planting and land management is essential as is ability to operate a range of appropriate land management power tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of Compass outdoor areas in line with sustainability and organic / biodynamic principles
- Liaising with Camphill organisations to facilitate meaningful outdoor activities for volunteers, patients and people with additional support needs
- Managing health & safety of outdoor areas including repairs and maintenance
- Managing outdoor areas budget
- Supporting and educating volunteers, service users and local community in healthy food production on a small scale while maximising growing opportunities and production in gardening areas
- Documentation of progress through photography and video
If you have the relevant experience along with strong communication and people skills, we would love to hear from you.
For further information and application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01224 862008. Site visits can be arranged at your request.
EXTENDED closing date for applications: Friday 3rd June 2022 at 17.00.