Our Skills for Health Service is a type of social prescribing. It is inspired by CWT’s established AnthroHealth approach which has always recognised that living in tune with ourselves, others and nature helps make us healthier, happier and more resilient.
Skills for Health is:
- prescribed by your healthcare professional
- used to complement and support your existing treatment/medicines.
Skills for Health aims to support you to develop practical skills that can help you bring about the health-promoting changes that you want in your life.
Skills for Health encourages you to:
✓ take more control over your well-being
✓ learn new ways to improve your overall health.
Through a range of sustainable, structured individual and group activities, Skills for Health will support you to reach the goals you have set for your wellbeing. These will take place largely outdoors in Compass woodland and garden areas.
Skills for Health will provide you with opportunities to find new ways to:
- relax, release, refocus: reducing stress & anxiety, improving mood & concentration
- relate, reconnect, find your rhythm: rediscovering your relationship to yourself, others & the world around you
- reawaken, revitalise, renew: re-engaging your senses, improving mobility & circulation, balancing appetite
Accessing Compass Skills for Health
Who is it for?
Compass Skills for Health is for you if you are:
- aged 18 or over
- able to attend our Compass site in Cults, Aberdeen
- looking for non-medical options to support you in making changes to improve your health and wellbeing [physical, mental and/or social]
Our skills for health may be particularly beneficial if you are:
- feeling anxious, stressed or low in mood
- experiencing isolation or loneliness
- in need of a place to unwind and relax
- wanting to make a positive contribution to the wider community
- willing to make changes towards a healthier lifestyle
Where does it take place?
Your sessions will take place at our Compass site on Craigton Road, Cults, AB15 9QD. Compass is a project which aims to demonstrate practical solutions for health, sustainable lifestyles. Visit our Compass page to find out more.
How do I access Skills for Health?
Get in touch today for an Information Pack and we will talk you through the referral process.